A toothache pain usually happens around the jaw or teeth, and pain occurs for varied reasons. For some time, it can happen due to dental cavity, as well as due to broken tooth, an exposed tooth root, and tooth or jaw issues, even problems spread at the jaw point can even be muscle spasms while chewing, and also the severity of the pain that can be chronic to the mild to sharp. Then, the same pain can aggravate by chewing or simply consume cold or hot food.
One of the main symptoms for the occurrence of a toothache is the dental cavity that creates tooth decay. Even a toothache can also be a result of various injuries or don’t have any relevant reasons. In another way, it can also be a reaction to common infections like sinus, shingles and other diseases or gum disease.
Causes for a Toothache at a Single Glance
Common dental triggers for a toothache comprise a dental abscess, dental cavities, gum disease, cracked tooth syndrome, irritation, impaction, and an eruption.
Tooth decay or dental cavity is a wreck on the tooth due to acid created by the bacteria. The cavities carry diverse shades. The enamel is the outer most part (the white hard surface) and the yellow layer dentin is just beneath to the enamel. These both layers assist to protect the inner living tooth tissue addressed as pulp (that’s where the nerves and blood vessels). The cavities are formed when certain bacteria in the mouth starts to convert the sugar into acid. It is when the acid along with the saliva softens and gradually it dissolves the enamel and dentin.
The inflammation of the fragile tissue also known as the gingiva that leads to an abnormal loss of the bone surrounded by the teeth that hold them in place. Gum disease caused by toxins emitted by bacteria in the plaque accumulated over the time along the gum line. And the early symptoms of gum disease are gum bleeding painlessly; while the plaque is a mixture of saliva, food, and bacteria.
Symptoms of Tooth Ache
- Shooting pain around the affected area of the tooth.
- Tooth Pain while consuming any food.
- Tooth Pain during the night.
Causative Reasons For Teeth Difficulties
- Hereditary Reasons
- Aging of the personality
- Inadequate dental hygiene
- Redundant consumption of coffee and tea
- Regular use of tobacco and cigarettes
- Consumption of strong doses of antibiotics and climatic conditions
- Abnormal metabolism also influences to discoloring of teeth.
- Deficiency of calcium or vitamin-D
Natural Supplements and home remedies for a toothache.
Mustard oil and turmeric power create wonders which have got a very natural home remedy for a toothache.
- Firstly take a bowl, pour 1 tsp lukewarm mustard oil; and add a pinch of turmeric powder. Stir well and apply onto the aching tooth and area. After that, leave it for about 5 to 10 minutes, gargle with normal temperature water. You can follow this method for two to five days.
- Another natural remedy for a toothache is the use of the coconut oil and cloves.
- In a small bowl, heat 1 tsp coconut oil, fry three cloves in it and allow it to chill. Grind the cloves in the oil to make it a paste texture. Apply the mixture onto the aching tooth and leave the mixture to settle for about 10 minutes. Finally, rinse it with plain water.
- A toothache natural home remedy using turmeric powder and mustard oil.
- Take 1 tsp lukewarm mustard oil
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder
- Mix well
- Apply on the aching tooth
- Leave for 5 min
- Gargle with normal water.
- Home remedy for a toothache by using natural ingredient with asafoetida powder and lemon juice.
In a bowl, mix 1 tsp lemon juice and add 1 tsp of asafetida powder. Mix the mixture and apply it on the paining area and tooth. Rinse it out with plain water after 5 minutes.
5. Natural Home Remedy with Wheat Grass
In a half glass of lukewarm water, add 1 tsp of wheatgrass of water. Stir well and gargle twice a day for better result.
Wheatgrass works have got super remedies, and it is a pack of vitamin A, C and E, Chlorophyll and various other nutrients.
Here are here other ayurvedic medicines to relief from tooth pain:
- Clove oil is one of the best ingredients used to heal tooth pain, as it has been used for centuries to treat tooth pain. The eugenol involved with the cloves soothes the nerve and removes the swelled area inside the tooth. Chewing pieces of cloves of the offending tooth allow the oil to penetrate and heal the affected area.
An alternative method is mixed olive oil with few drops of clove oil and rubs over the affected area with cotton swab. After five minutes rinse mouth with lukewarm salt water. It destroys the bacteria and gives a long life for the gems.
- In rural areas, the popular practice has been the herbal sticks for the purpose of toothaches. Neem or Babool is the best remedy to fight with a plaque and tooth decay. Chew fresh soft stem without leaves, as it brings the freshness. Miswak stock also holds anti-microbial properties, which can heal the pain.
- Amla powder also known as Indian gooseberry is popular herb used in numerous ayurvedic treatments. Amla helps to develop connective tissues, as well as assures to keep the teeth and gums healthy and free from the germs. Simply rub with your fingers with Amla powder every day to attain long-term benefits for oral health.
- Even garlic is not just good for oral health, but it is a healer for overall health. Garlic is a popular solution for treating toothache, and one can use many ways to heal tooth pain from garlic.
- Simply chew small garlic once a day to get an instant relief from tooth pain.
- Make a fine paste with garlic and rock salt. Apply it on the affected area and rise with normal temperature water after 2-3 minutes.