If you want to gain weight, then there are many ways that you can go about it. Some people may choose to take supplements and some may choose to eat more food. However, if you're looking for a natural way of gaining weight, then we have the perfect article for you. In this article, we'll cover everything from diet plans to exercise routines that can help you gain weight naturally with the help of Ayurveda.
Struggling to gain weight?
Weight gain is now easy through Ayurveda!
She was worried about her measurements and body weight. Feeling terribly low. The arrogant bullying friends would call her ‘stick’ Maya and call her sister a giraffe. Both the sisters were studying well, but their inner confidence was sinking only because of their body weight problem. They blamed heredity to a great extent. Yet continued to eat more so that they get a little bit chubby at least to get healthy cheeks.
One day they met their dietician aunt Divya at the bus stop. She heard their friends mocking her. She promised them to visit home in the evening. This was the beginning of their rescue. Both the sisters wanted to know the real reasons behind their pathetic condition and they expected an Ayurvedic solution too. Divya had faith in the power of herbs and diet. She also explained to them some proven Ayurvedic medicines for weight gain.
Low weight – real reasons
- Family history -Some people in the family may have a low BMI that runs from generations in their family.
- High Metabolic rate – When a person has a high metabolic rate he or she may not be able to gain much weight even though eating high-energy food.
- Excessive physical activities – When a person spends a lot of energy due to activities such as sports, labor work may lead to low body weight.
- Health conditions – In a few health people may lose weight such as vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, cancer, diabetes, chrons disease, ulcerative colitis, etc…
- Mental conditions – Some mental conditions like depression, anxiety, eating disorders, etc… also result in low body weight.
- Not having adequate nutrition in the diet – going behind fried food, bakery food, etc ignoring important vitamins and minerals. Even protein content does matter a lot here. The sprouts and nuts can do well in providing you with a protein boost. Leafy veggies, whole grain cereals, and fresh fruits are also a must in your diet for maintaining healthy levels of weight.
- Having late-night meals and also skipping morning brain food – the breakfast. You need the energy to do your activities. Never play with your body’s metabolism. You have heard of body metabolism-boosting herbs like Turmeric, Ashwagandha, etc.
- Give proper rest to your senses also. Worries and hurry nature can make you restless and tired easily. Practise mindfulness. Whatever you’re doing, do it with ease and observe what you’re doing with patience in your inner eyes.
- Give your body proper workouts. Let the sweat flow and add oxygen and blood rush to your inner body. Wake up the vitality in you. Do your own little exercise, it can be simple jogging or complex yoga procedures Soorya namaskar. You know, simple breathing exercises can also give you deep relaxation in just a couple of moments.
- Plan your diet accordingly – add protein-carbohydrate sources to your diet. Little fat can be included. Fibrous fruits and cereals are also to be in on the list.
Weight Gain Ayurveda Way
If you make a list of suggestions, home remedies, and Ayurvedic supplements about this topic, of course, the list will be endless as this is one of the most sought issues in Ayurveda by the common man.
How to identify the right weight gain supplement? Can it simply be a protein powder of some sort? Well, no is the right answer. If you have already impaired appetite and metabolism, first you have to awaken and ignite your digestive fire, the Agni. Ayurveda attributes less body weight due to depletion of medo dhatu and increases in wind energy, the Vata. The Ayurvedic terminology for this condition is ‘Karshyam’.
You can take Ayurvedic medicated powders like Pancha kola choornam internally, fermented Arishtams like Panchakolasavam, Dashamoolarishtam, etc as per your condition. Then, when you have ample appetite, you begin eating more. Then stick on to a fresh Satvik diet with milk, pulses, nuts, white rice, etc given priority if you are in normal health and not having conditions like Diabetes, increased blood sugar, cholesterol levels, etc.
You can also practice Abhyanga – nourishing oil massage with medicated Ayurvedic oils like Balaswagandhadi Taila daily so that you can comfortably nourish and cherish your muscles and joints. Ayurvedic sweet linctus, Lehyams like Aja mamas Rasayana also is famous in this regard. Selecting the right medicine requires analyzing your appetite and digestion capacity. Heavy foods and medicines require strong digestive power and body strength of the person for more results.
Note to ponder – you may see home remedies like taking curd with sugar to increase body weight. Tips like this work only when you’re not having conditions like sinusitis cough and constipation. These conditions get worse if you take curd, especially during late nights. Always take the opinion of a registered Ayurvedic physician before trying such remedies also.
Gain weight naturally – Easy tiny tips
Small tips can help you gain weight slowly. Follow these simple tips for gaining healthy weight in the due course of time.
- Eating protein-rich and whole-grain carbohydrate foods helps in gaining weight.
- If you are not able to digest heavy meals break them into 5-6 portions and consume several small meals throughout the day.
- Choose nutritious meals instead of high calory foods,
- While making chapati-like food items, you can add coconut oil or similar nourishing oils which add more calories to your menu.
- Take pomegranate juice and a lassi-like drink which helps in digestion and increases hemoglobin.
- Have protein-rich side dishes when consuming food. Steam-boiled leafy veggies also can be added to your menu. You might have heard of the sailor man Popeye who got strength and energy while consuming spinach at times, right?!
- Jaggery-rich traditional snacks are good to have. Sweetened rice porridges are also good for getting natural glucose bouts in your blood.
Did you know?
You might wonder Ayurveda opines that Harsha – happiness makes a person fat like boar. When you are happy, you can easily put on weight. So just cheer up. Optimism can trigger your healthy weight gain.
- Exercise regularly and this will increase your muscle mass and body weight in turn. This also is a healthy way of gaining weight as you are giving your body enough work and nourishing it regularly. This will give you a good physique with finely toned muscles. Remember, the celebrity crushes and their regular workouts. Yes, right, they are presentable because they maintain a fit diet and lifestyle along with looks.
- A small useful last tip can be – to become slow in eating and activities. Not too slow like a tortoise or snail, but to be attentive and enjoy while eating. Concentration while eating when promoted halts binge eating. No more aerated drinks and snacks while watching your favorite daily soap show!
Long way to go
Ayurveda is a system of natural medicine that has been practiced for more than 5000 years. In recent times, it has gained popularity in Western countries as well. Ayurveda uses natural elements and herbs to help you gain weight naturally. If you’re looking to gain weight naturally, then the above are a few steps that will help you achieve your weight goals with ease.
Once you decide something, just stick to that. No looking back, consistency and perseverance in anything everything you undertake ensures success. Let the natural principles of Ayurveda guide you on a wonderful weight gain journey. Let it be so.
“This article does not provide medical advice. It is intended for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on this WebSite. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call or visit your doctor.”
For more information about Weight Gain Ayurveda way, you can call us at +919945850945
Limited consultations per day with prior appointments only. Book your appointments NOW!